Thursday, September 11, 2014

Famous Last Words - Week 5 - Surviving Stats!

Well, this week did not start off as well as I had planned.  My daughter was sick over the weekend, so I did not get as far ahead with this class, or catch up in my other classes, as I would have liked to.  So, needless to say, when this week started I was running to catch up and not making any headway.  BUT….. I sat down the other night and got a good deal done in our Mythology-Folklore class for week 5, so I am very much caught up now (and I did it quite quickly too).  This makes it easier for me to breathe because IF I get behind again I can think to myself, “Michele, it didn’t take that long to get caught up and then ahead of the game in Mythology-Folklore, so CHILL OUT!”  Plus, knowing that it won’t take sooooo long to get ahead of things in here gives me a bit of breathing room in my other classes. 

My Sociology of Violence class is extremely interesting, but I’m a senior and it’s an upper division class so there is an enormous amount of reading that needs to be done in there.  So, this weekend I will spend catching up on reading, making notecards, and getting my notes from lecture and reading typed up to make it easier to find things when I need them for studying purposes. 

(Is anyone detecting a Type-A Control Freak Personality?) 


My Social Statistics class is giving me some worry.  I’m excellent at math and (I’m a geek, I know) I enjoy solving problems.  However, (big BIG however here) we’re getting into the Central Limit Theorem which has multiple formulas and ways of expressing those formulas that I’m worried I won’t be able to keep them all straight and remember that  is the mean of some variable and that is the mean of the population.  Sooooo, we shall see if I survive the semester!  Because if I don’t, it doesn’t look good for Grad school, because we’ve got to take another stats class, but this time it’s ADVANCED Social Statistics …. YAY!!!!!

Studying College Student
Bibliography:
Studying College Student image.  Web Source: College Student

No comments:

Post a Comment