Sunday, September 28, 2014

Famous Last Words - Week 7 - My Writing This Week

Well, I'm not really sure where this past week went!! Oh, YES I DO, I was studying for 3 exams all week long.  So, needless to say I got a wee bit behind on staying ahead in this class; I spent today catching back up again and getting started on week 7.

I've always thought that I did my best work when I was "under the gun," so to speak.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not a procrastinator.  It causes me pain to wait until the last minute to get assignments or readings done.  But you all know how it is, some weeks are just so stinking full of things to do for all of your classes, that you have to prioritize.  The first test I had, got precedence over the other classes, etc.  Well, being under the gun this weekend to get assignments in before the deadline got me writing a new 1st story for the storybook and I got the reading diaries completed for week 7 as well.   I think I did some pretty good work this week.  As any of you who have read any of my blogs probably knows by now, I don't think I have a very good gift for writing, not creative writing anyway, but this week I feel like some of my creative juices were really flowing.

I'm experimenting with different styles of writing and trying to find styles that suit me best, but also suit my stories best.  I had to do a rewrite on one of my stories for my storybook this weekend and I think I did a pretty good job.  Of course, I won't really know until the comments start coming in!!!

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain. I was ahead at the beginning of the semester. Then I struggled coming up with a topic for my storybook and my other classes got busy. Now, I am using my weekend to get back ahead. Congrats on the creative juices this week. I thought I was pretty bad at writing until this class. Now, I can say oh I like to do creative writing. Finding your type of writing will really help with this class. Good luck with the rest of your storybook!

    ReplyDelete