Saturday, August 16, 2014

Week 1 - Un-Textbook

There are several stories that I am interested in from the reading list.  Some that I'm almost 100% positive will show up in my storytelling posts are:


  • Cherokee Myths
  • Egyptian Myths
  • Faerie Queen
  • Homer's Iliad and Odyssey 
  • Greek Myths 
*the list of those that interest me is too long to mention. 

Cherokee Myths
I'm interested in ALL things Cherokee.  I am Cherokee, I am taking Cherokee as my foreign language (and loving it I might add), and I'm interested in more of the stories that have been passed down through the generations.  

Egyptian Myths
I'm fascinated with everything about Egypt.  The intricate details of hieroglyphs and the clothing worn, the pyramids, etc. The Pharaohs and the slaves - it's just all very interesting and curious.  

Faerie Queen
Well, this one I just want to read because I love fantasy fiction.  But something inside me often wonders if stories of dragons and faeries have circled the globe and multiple different cultures, can it all be completely fiction?  Or maybe I'm just that person who wants magic to still be in the world.  

Homer's Iliad & Odyssey
I have these books and I have yet to read them in their entirety.  (sad, I know) And just the fact that they are just classic old literature, makes me intrigued to read the prose.  

Greek Myths
I absolutely adore Greek Mythology.  Percephone, Hades, Zeus, Perseus, Andromeda, Athena, Medusa the Gorgon....I mean, something died inside you long ago if you DON'T enjoy these stories.  My mother has been in love with these stories since I was a child.  She used to tell me these stories and I was so interested, I picked up mythology books whenever I could from the library.  Greek mythology has a special place in my heart.  

No comments:

Post a Comment