Sunday, August 24, 2014

Week 3 - Famous Last Words

Alrighty..... Week 1 of actually school is officially over and the second week is about to begin.  There is so much reading for me this semester and it's already started.  Thank God I love to read, huh?  

I have finally gotten a handle on this Myth-Folklore class online.  I think I've gone 3 or 4 whole days without e-mailing professor Gibbs with any more questions... yay me!! I practically live on the MLLL3043 page with the weekly assignments and make myself a "to-do" list of the assignments and check them off as I go.  I am about halfway through the week 3 assignments for this class, which makes me happy because there are a lot of assignments and you never really know how long they are going to take for you to complete until you're done; and by then it's too late if you're approaching the deadline.  I am finding that I get a bit confused with which week I'm working on, since I'm working ahead.  That's another service my little "to-do" list provides; it keeps me straight on which week I'm working through.  

I've found reading all of these stories and myths, etc., is really interesting.  I read Aesop (winter) this week and enjoyed every single story, some more than others, obviously.  Last week I read Ovid I, which was really interesting as well, although I found with that unit there were a few stories I did not care for, whereas with the Aesop there weren't any that I didn't like.  


It's also been fun reading others' stories as well.  I haven’t had the opportunity, obviously, to read everyone’s stories, but the ones that I have read I’ve been very impressed with.  I wonder if they all have to really struggle to come up with an idea for storytelling the way that I do.  I’ve posted before on my blog that I am not the most creative person in the world, so the storytelling and the creative work on our blogs requires some time on my part.  I’m hoping, though, that as the weeks progress and as I read more fellow students’ storytelling posts, better ideas and more creative juices will begin to flow. 

Throes of Creation by Leonid Pasternak

Bibliography:
Writer - Throes of Creation.  Web Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Writer

No comments:

Post a Comment