Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Famous Last Words - Week 11 - Pride and Prejudice

This is for all those loyal readers out there!!

These are my favorite books of all time.  Many years ago I decided I wasn't going to be that person who never read any classic books.  So, I went out to Barnes and Noble and bought several classics:

  • Catcher in the Rye
  • Last of the Mohicans 
  • The Count of Monte Cristo 
  • Pride and Prejudice 
  • Wuthering Heights
  • Bram Stoker's Dracula 
  • Jane Eyre 
  • The Picture of Dorian Grey
  • Sir Saint Thomas Moore's Common Sense 
  • Great Expectations 
  • Crime and Punishment 
  • Northanger Abbey 
  • Mansfield Park 

The list literally goes on and on.  It was an expensive book-buying day.  But well worth it!! Pride and Prejudice became an instant favorite of mine.  Now, I read it every single summer.  And, inevitably, after I read that book, I must read a newly found treasure (several years ago, now) Darcy's Passions.  This book tells the entire story of Pride and Prejudice, but from Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy's point of view.  Sometimes I will read the two books simultaneously just so I can have better insight to the interactions between Ms. Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy.  If anyone reads this "Famous Last Words" post of mine, please please pick up one or both of these books and give them a read.  They have truly become a staple in my collection.  I've read them so many times, and each and every time provides me with hours of entertainment.  This is definitely a classic that will get you hooked on Jane Austen.  You just might find yourself buying more of Jane Austen's books or even venturing into Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre, which is also EXCELLENT!!! 

Happy Reading Everyone!! 


Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen
Darcy's Passions - Regina Jeffers



Bibliography:
Pride and Prejudice.  Jane Austen.  1813.  
Image: Pride and Prejudice.  Web Source: Pride and Prejudice
Image: Darcy's Passions.  Web Source: Darcy's Passions


No comments:

Post a Comment