Sunday, October 5, 2014

Reading Diary Assessment - Week 8

I went back and read my reading diary posts and I can see a pretty big difference between my diaries now compared to the diaries from the beginning of the semester.  I must've misread the instructions at the beginning of the semester because my very first reading diary post is excessively long.  I even remember Professor Gibbs commenting on the fact that those were pretty extensive notes and cluing me in to the fact that I only needed to make notes on my favorite stories from the reading unit.  So that first diary post is pretty darn long.  Additionally, I've found that doing both reading diary posts at the same time works better for me than doing A & B at separate times.  

I really enjoy reading, so this class has been a perfect fit for me in that respect.  As any of you who enjoy reading knows, when we're in school we really don't have time to read for pleasure.  We pretty much only read what we have to for classes and if we're LUCKY we enjoy the material.  So our myth and folklore class has kind of given me an opportunity to read things other than textbook or scholarly journals.  I've also found through my diaries (and just reading the units in general) that I've gotten exposure to other cultures through our readings, which makes me happy.  This class has been great and I've already recommended it to several friends of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment