Sunday, October 19, 2014

Week 10 - Essay - TAKE THE GRE??????

Well, this past week was just as busy, if not worse, than the previous weeks were.  It's getting closer to deadlines for applying to graduate school and there's a heap of things that still need to be done.

  • study for the GRE 
  • write my purpose statement
  • pull together my academic accomplishments/resume
  • get my enrollment for AKD Honor Society (Sociological) completed 
  • study for an upcoming Stats Exam
  • study for an upcoming Violence in America Exam 
  • and then all my daughter's stuff ........... 
I've scheduled my date for the REAL exam, asked for letters of reference from 3 great professors, and have completed most of the actual online application.

I do have a hard time deciding when is a good time to go through my GRE practice book.  I mean, I've got Cherokee exams every couple of weeks and Stats exams every 3-4 weeks.  So while they're both important to my future academic career, I find it hard to decide which "test" gets my attention when.

It's reasonable to say I am feeling like there are not enough hours in the day, days in the week, weeks left before deadlines to get everything done.  I usually handle stress pretty well, but this is just PUSHING IT!!  lol --- Grad school will be much worse.  

I took a practice GRE exam today and I did extremely well on the Verbal section .. in the 83rd percentile, which is awesome.  But my quantitative analysis needs some work and I still need to practice the writing sections for the essay portion.  

Something that I have found funny/ironic while completing my Bachelor's is how much I enjoy the learning aspect as well as juggling these many facets of my life.  I seem to thrive on it.  When I'm bored, I'm miserable.  So, I truly believe this aspect of my personality is conducive to completing a Masters program.  Yippy!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment