Monday, October 27, 2014

Week 11 - Unit: Nursery Rhymes

Reading Diary B:

Love and Matrimony
This section had a lot of nursery rhymes that I'm sure most of my classmates have heard before.  There was Jack & Jill, which I had no idea what curds in whey was until I was about 20 (slight exaggeration) - cottage cheese.

Natural History: Part 2
Ladybird, Ladybird was a very short but very sweet little rhyme.

Accumulative Stories
I loved This is the House that Jack Built. I'm not sure if I've ever read this one before, but it sounds vaguely familiar.  This might be my "storytelling" selection for Week 11.

Reading Diary A:

The Lion and the Unicorn
This was a cute (albeit short) nursery rhyme.  A lion and a unicorn are fighting over the crown.  Of course the lion wins.  I've always been partial to unicorns, though.

Untitled (sneezes)
There was a short poem under the "proverbs" section of the Nursery Rhymes unit that I particularly liked.  It talks about what sneezes mean on particular days of the week.  My allergies are horrific all the time, so I enjoyed getting a little proverbial insight into my daily sneezing and meanings.  ha!

Riddles
This was a particularly good section of the Nursery Rhymes unit.  I love riddles.  There are a lot of different ones here that I have never heard before.

Games
This was a cute section of Nursery Rhymes as well.  It has my favorite (& it was my daughter's favorite when she was tiny) - "This Little Piggy."



Diddle, Diddle, Dumpling, My Son John



Bibliography:
Reading Unit: Nursery Rhymes.  Web Source: Nursery Rhymes
Image: Diddle, Diddle, Dumpling, My Son John.  Web Source: Diddle, Diddle, Dumpling, My Son John
The Lion and the Unicorn.  Web Source: The Lion and the Unicorn
Untitled (Proverb) - Unit: Nursery Rhymes.  Web Source: untitled (sneezes)
Nursery Rhymes: Riddles.  Web Source: Riddles
Nursery Rhymes: Games.  Web Source: Games
Nursery Rhymes: Love & Matrimony.  Web Source: Love & Matrimony
Nursery Rhymes: A Natural History: Part 2.  Web Source: A Natural History: Part 2
Nursery Rhymes: Accumulative Stories.  Web Source: Accumulative Stories

No comments:

Post a Comment